Wednesday, May 23, 2018

SCCM Pull Distribution Point MSI Installation Error 1602


I have a MSI installation problem with a Pull Distribution Point. When I read pulldp_install.log on "LOCAL_LETTER:\SMS_DP$\sms\logs" I can find an error 1602.

Product: ConfigMgr Distribution Point -- Installation operation failed.
Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ConfigMgr Distribution Point. Product Version: 5.00.8634.1000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1602.






















I have also some Error 1168 too during "closing MSIHANDLE"
I/O on thread XXX could not be cancelled. Error: 1168

      











 I already have this kind of problem. So I stop "SMS Agent Host" process (net stop ccmexec in cmd or in remote this powershell command: Get-WmiObject -ComputerName COMPUTERNAME -Class Win32_Process -Filter " name='CcmExec.exe' "  | Stop-Process )

I wait some minutes and Pull Distribution Point installation is now successfully


Product: ConfigMgr Distribution Point -- Installation operation completed successfully.
Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ConfigMgr Distribution Point. Product Version: 5.00.8634.1000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 0.






















No comments: